Friday, May 9, 2008

Baby Karis is here!



It's been a very long time since we've updated this blog. I'm not sure if anyone's still reading it, but we're still here! Last wed., april 30th, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Karis Hye-Jin Kim made her grand entrance into our world. She was 6 lbs and 19 in long. Karis is very healthy and happy. She is so lovely! We can hardly keep our eyes off of her. She's so precious to us. It was a different experience to have a healthy baby that wasn't in the NICU. She stayed in the room with me and instead of sleeping, I would hold her and watch her. We're breastfeeding-which is alot easier to do with a baby that's not hooked up to oxygen or an apnea monitor-and it's going very well. She's already grown so much and each day we can see new changes. I just wish her umbilical stump would hurry up and fall off-it makes me queasy! I'm afraid to touch it. Speaking of queasy-many of you know that I (Grace) am an extremely squeamish little girl when it comes to the slicing and cutting open of human bodies. I get weak in the knees if i get a paper cut! It was all I could do to keep myself from having a nervous breakdown on the operating table. I'm healing well, as far as I can tell, but do my best to ignore the c-section incision. It does still hurt a little, but is not unbearable. I can get around the house alright, but Joshua keeps chastising me for doing too much.

Josiah is a wonderful big brother and loves Karis very much. He looks out for his little sister and is concerned very much that we share our mango sorbet and other treats with her. He's not quite understanding the whole breastfeeding thing. Josiah's 6th birthday was last thursday, the day after Karis' birth and we're throwing him a little birthday party tomorrow. He is such a special boy and we treasure his sweet spirit.

Joshua is doing well. He is in love with his new baby girl and is doing his best to take care of all of us. He was able to take a week off from church and take care of me after I came home from the hospital. He's been having quite a time trying to keep me from doing too much! As you very well may know, I find it extremely difficult to not DO SOMETHING. Ah well. My parents came up the first weekend after Karis' birth and will be coming to take care of us next week. I'm sure my mom has some Korean mother's recovery plan ready for me. Seaweed soup and all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey.!!! her birthday is right before josiah's birthday..!!:] that is so cool~~~:] well i think josiah grew so much!!! i think that i can tell from the picture..because now he comes up to your leg...!:] well i miss all you guys..i love you!<3